Saturday, September 20, 2008

CD Burning

By now it shouldn't shock you that my cheap mother would illegally duplicate CDs, DVDs, etc. What might still surprise you is that she would give such illegal copies as gifts. I know what you're saying. Who hasn't given away burned CDs. They're worth like a dime now. I'll give you a whole pile of burned CDs. You can burn my whole music collection. Well, my cheap mother would not, unless you provided all the blank CDs. But she might give you a burned CD for Christmas, or for a birthday.

The best part is that sometimes you'll get a real, original CD, like one that she actually spent money on. But, there's a decent chance it'll be open. That lack of shrink wrap is her little way of letting you know that you did not justify the $15 expense of the CD all by yourself, so she had to open it and burn it for some other people. And you can bet that one of those people was herself.

No comments: